Slave to the Nap

Monday, August 21, 2006

New App: Writely

Writely is an online word processor. It's still in beta but they just opened up the site to everyone to use, and I'm enjoying it. It can import/export word files, post to Blogger and share documents with multiple collaborators. All of it works pretty well, but Blogger posting is still a bit iffy; post titles don't appear as promised, and the setup could be much easier. I suspect this will get better in the future, since Google recently bought Writely just like they bought Blogger.

The thing I most enjoy about Writely is that, once uploaded, my docs are then always available as long as I have a computer with an Internet connection. No more e-mailing attachments. The features are pretty basic. If you're writing a long dissertation with footnotes, special formatting, etc. stick with Word. But for the simple bread and butter correspondence, I'd highly recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home