Slave to the Nap

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

It's a Cake!




Neil's Texas Brownies

Originally uploaded by borderline.


Texas Cake, that is. Or Texas Brownies. Whatever you call them, they're delicious, unhealthy and fairly challenging for a novice to make.

We're having a big to-do at work with our board on Thursday and each staff member is bringing a dessert. So I thought I'd give these Texas Brownies a try, all the while knowing that failure could mean a hasty purchase of grocery store bakery items and scornful looks from my coworkers. I'm fairly confident that they won't cause food poisoning, though the frosting looks a little iffy. If I have a failure as a baker (actually I have several) it's making an edible frosting. I had some problems getting the powdered sugar to melt, but I think it'll be okay. Tomorrow night - snickerdoodles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home