Slave to the Nap

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Neil's Tax Refund Wish List

Tax time is exciting for me. I always file as soon as possible because my taxes are not complex and I usually get a refund. Needless to say, I am getting cash back this year so that means it's time to shop! I've made a list of things to buy, mostly tech upgrades and all sorely deserved. Here's what I have so far:
  • AppleCare for MacLappy: normally I wouldn't buy an extended warranty but after one near-miss handling MacLappy I'm thinking an extra two years of warranty coverage isn't such a bad idea. Probably should get one for the iPod as well as I dropped it today at work. D'oh!
  • Memory upgrade: two weeks with the new machine has convinced me that 512mb is not enough.
  • New cell phone: I can't stand my current Motorola, a warranty replacement that Alltel pushed on me when my first LG died. The final straw was when I found out the stupid thing "guesses" on the Caller ID. For example, one time I dialed a number thinking that I didn't have it programmed into the address book. The phone dials and the screen reads "Calling: X" because the number was in my phone book. But I dialed the wrong number. I know because some stranger's voice mail answered. 30 minutes later, the phone rings and the Caller ID says "X Calling". It's the stranger I called earlier asking who the hell I am and why am I calling him. Apparently my Moto checks the address book and if the phone number is close to one of the entries, well then by god that's that's the number. This type of artificial intelligence is not acceptable.
  • Griffin iMic: not sure why I put this down, but for $40 might as well see how it works. And if it makes podcasting easier, even better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home